This post will walk you through transferring contents from an older Android device to your new Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone using the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app. Follow the steps and get all your important contents transferred in an instant.
Using Samsung Smart Switch Mobile to transfer files from an Android device to your new Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge smartphoneThe following steps will let you perform quick transfer of important data including contacts and calendars, call logs and messages, documents and memos, photos, music, and videos, as well as apps and network settings from an Android device to your new Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge handset:
Be sure to download and install Samsung Smart Switch Mobile (on both devices) from Google Play Store before you begin.
1. Start by swiping down the status bar from the Home screen.
2. Tap the Settings icon located on the upper-right corner of the notification panel.
3. Scroll to and tap Backup and reset from the Settings menu options.
4. Proceed by tapping on Open Smart Switch.
5. Read the information and tap Start to begin the file transfer.
6. If prompted, review the Samsung Smart Switch End User License Agreement and then tap Agree to continue.
7. On the next screen, you will be prompted to select your old device. Tap to select Android device
from the given options.
8. Tap START.
- If you prefer to use a wired connection to transfer contents, then you will need to use the data cable for your old Android device and the Micro USB adapter that came with your new Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. Connect the cable from your previous phone to the Micro USB adapter, plug the adapter into the S7/S7 Edge, and wait for Samsung Smart Switch to complete the scan and detect your old device. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the file transfer.
10. Be sure to place your old device next to your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge (side by side).
11. Go to your old Android device and follow these steps:
- Install Samsung Smart Switch Mobile, if necessary.
- Open Samsung Smart Switch Mobile.
- Tap Start to begin the transfer process.
- Tap Agree on the next screen to proceed.
- Tap to select Android device from the given options.
- Tap START.
- Select Sending device.
- Tap CONNECT.
12. Go to your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
13. Tap Receive on the message box.
14. Wait for all the contents to be transferred from your previous device to your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge. It could take some time depending on how much contents are being transferred.
15. When the transfer is complete, tap Close App.
All selected files from your other Android device are now transferred to your new Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.