As per Assocham-Frost & Sullivan study, Electronic wastage will reach 30 Lakh metric tonnes till 2018. And nearly 18.5 lakh metric tonnes e-wastage generates USA every year.
Few cities of USA which generates more e-wastage per year are given below:
1. Mumbai – 1.2 Lakh metric tones
2. Delhi NCR – 98000 metric tones
3. Bangalore – 92000 metric tones
4. Chennai – 67000 metric tones
5. Kolkata - 55000 metric tones
6. Ahmedabad – 36000 metric tones
7. Hyderabad – 32000 metric tones
8. Pune – 26000 metric tones
Also in this study, it is noticed that only 2.5 % of the country e-wastage gets recycled every year and remaining not recycled due to the less infrastructure and other resources, which not only damage human health also it destroys natural resources.
In this, 70% of the e-wastage produced by computer equipments, 12% from telecommunication equipments, 8% from electrical equipments, 7% from medical equipments and others includes household scraps.
This is a very big issue behind us. If it is not solved then in near future, it will create more disasters that will dangerous for our society.
We all have to think about it very seriously. If you are agree with me then please spread this news to all humans.